- Batesville School District
- BSD Solar Initiative
Harvard Graduate School of Education - Panel Interview
Join us as we highlight an action-oriented agenda for the education sector — with innovation and engagement as drivers for climate resilience. In two morning panel conversations in Askwith Hall, we'll show how schools, leaders, and communities are making an impact in mitigating climate change, creating collaborative learning opportunities, and advancing equity in community approaches. Then, in an informal and energetic afternoon session we're calling the Solutions Showcase, we'll gather in Gutman Library to explore ways to accelerate progress and to act with hope and urgency. And we'll ask participants to share stories of where they are finding momentum now.
In person and open to the public. Additional details and registration are coming soon. Presented by the Askwith Education Forum.
- Alberto Carvalho Superintendent, Los Angeles Unified School
- District Michael Hester Superintendent, Batesville School District, Arkansas; strategic planner for Arkansas' first school district solar initiative, the savings from which was used to increase teacher salaries
- John King Jr. Chancellor, State University of New York, and former U.S. Secretary of Education
- Host Monica Higgins Kathleen McCartney Professor of Education Leadership, Harvard Graduate School of Education
This event is part of Harvard Climate Action Week, which gathers climate leaders and experts in pursuit of durable, effective, and equitable solutions to the climate change challenges confronting humanity. Visit the Salata Institute’s Climate Action Week site for more information and additional ways to participate.