AT BATESVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT (BSD) our mission is to Empower Today's Students for Tomorrow's Challenges. We create space for opportunity and innovation because our vision is Every Student Growing Everyday. We are Pioneer Nation!
The Batesville School District is made up of seven great schools that offer personalized learning plans for every child. The Pioneer Nation begins with our Preschool, which offers infant and toddler care as well. There are three elementary schools to choose from: Eagle Mountain, Sulphur Rock, & West; Batesville Junior High School and Batesville High School. White River Academy is our alternative learning environment for grades 6-12 non-traditional students.
BSD offers co-curricular and extracurricular activities that suit the personal interests and strengths of individual students. Our district offers a complete fine arts program, K-12. We also offer competitive sports in grades 3-12 and many intramural participation opportunities. Through these activities, students will learn leadership, work ethic, citizenship, and teamwork. These character building traits exemplify Pioneer Pride!
Join our family today and put Students FIRST!
Motto: Students First
Mission: Empowering Today's Students for Tomorrow's Challenges
Vision: Every Student Growing Every Day
- Increase Student Growth & Achievement
- Build a Safe, Supportive, Collaborative Culture
- Ensure Effective Teaching in Every Classroom
- Attract & Retain High Quality Staff
- Increase Parent & Family Engagement
- Maintain Effective Facilities & Operations
Our Seven Commitments
- Instructional Leadership: Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Clear & Focued Mission: Students FIRST
- Safe & Orderly Environment: Take PRIDE
- Climate of High Expectations: ALL Students Can Learn
- Frequent Monitoring of Student Progress: Written, Taught, & Tested Curriculum
- Postive Home-School Relations: Communication Partners
- Opportunity to Learn, Time on Task: Mastery Learning: Time as a Variable